So I'm not a drinker but after hearing how amazing mojitos were from multiple sources I decided I wanted to see what all the fuss was about and so I found a recipe for a non alcoholic version online and decided to have a crack at it. I have to say, it was mint (haha, get it?...). I thought I'd share this lovely recipe for those of you who might fancy a refreshing, non-alcoholic beverage this spring/summer.
For one glass:
- 1/2 glass of lemonade
- 1/4 glass of apple juice
- 3/4 sprigs of mint
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1 lime
1. Rip up you mint and mash it up with the sugar and a small amount of apple juice, add this to the glass along with the ice.
2. Add half a glass of lemonade and the rest of the apple juice.
3. Cut the lime in half, and squeeze half the lime into the glass, cut 2 lime slices from the other half and put one into the glass and one on the rim of the glass (this makes it pretty).
4. Squeeze the remaining lime in the glass.
You can always adjust the quantities of the ingredients such as mint and lime depending on your taste and what you like.
And it really is as simple as that.
Let me know if you try it out.
Do you like mocktails/cocktails? Which one is your favourite?