So I tried something new and exciting with my nails and I got quite a few compliments so I though I'd share. I came across a picture of them and thought I HAD to try it out.
Mine are a little messy but as you can see I have just used a pale background colour which is Mint Green by Barry M so that the writing on top shows up.
What you need:
- Pale coloured nail varnish
- Surgical spirit ( known as rubbing alcohol in America, I got a massive bottle for about £4 from amazon), you can also use vodka
- Base coat and top coat
How To Do This:
1. Apply a base coat to protect your nails and then paint your nails a pale colour.
2. Cut up 10 small pieces of newspaper, big enough to cover your nail.
2. Fill small pot ( I filled the lid of the bottle) with surgical spirit (or other).
3. When nails are COMPLETELY dry insert first nail into pot of surgical spirit (or other) for about 5 seconds.
4. Remove nail and hold down piece of newspaper onto nail for about 15 seconds.
5. Remove newspaper and repeat on all nails.
6. It is very important to apply a base coat so that it doesn't rub off!
And there you go, newspaper nails!
Just a tip, definitely wait till your nails are 100% dry because I didn't and the nail polish peeled off.
What do you think?